My (Semi) Minimalist Makeup Collection

April 19, 2017

Minimalist Makeup Collection

At the beginning of 2015 I started my minimalism journey and after decluttering my clothes, handbags and shoes my makeup collection was next to be tackled. After 3 - 4 years of regularly (binge-)watching beauty related youtube videos (especially hauls, reviews and tutorials) I accumalated so many products it was ridiculous taking in consideration I never made youtube videos myself or did anyone elses makeup. All this stuff went exclusively on my own face. I felt completely overwhelmed with everything I had and kept purchasing and even though I mainly bought drugstore products back then I don't want to know how much money was spent on them and eventually went into the bin since I couldn't use everything I had and barely ever finished a product.
It hit me home on my 20th birthday. I got the Ikea Malm table and was so excited to finally have ONE place for all of my makeup...
But it wouldn't fit. I had so much that I had to store a bunch of products on the top of my vanity and also put a nightstand with a box on top that I also filled up completely. It looked cluttered to say the least. Not neat at all or more organized. I was very frustrated.

To give you an idea of what I talk about this is what my vanity looked like 2 years ago:

Minimalist Makeup Collection

I get that for some people this might not be a huge collection but to me this was just crazy especially knowing there was still more in this zebra printed box and the nightstand underneath. I felt like a hoarder and wanted my Malm table to look as tidy and beautiful as I imagined. So I did frequent declutters and went on project pans for about a year which taught me how long it takes to use up most makeup products and that again influenced my shopping habits in a positive way and kept me from impulse purchases.

I'm happy to say that today my makeup collection is so condensed and simplified that almost everything fits in that zebra printed box. I use my Malm table as a desk now since my makeup doesn't fill up the drawer even close and do my makeup in front of my dresser.  This is what my makeup collection currently looks like after two years of decluttering and project panning:

1. Everyday Products

Minimalist Makeup Collection

I became very minimal with my everyday makeup. I love a bronzey fresh look without heavy foundation so my everyday products right now consist of:

  • Bebe Young Care Lipbalm
  • Chanel Matt Lumiere Powder Foundation (I use it as a powder)
  • Alverde Cream To Powder Concealer (for blemishes)
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (to conceal dark undereyes)
  • Catrice Eyebrow Stylist Pencil
  • Essence Make Me Brow Browmascara
  • Physicians Formular Butter Bronzer
  • A very old apricot colored blush I need to replace because it's ancient
  • Catrice Eyeshadow Quad (I took out the two shades I didn't use)
  • Max Factor Velvet Volume False Lash Effect Mascara
*my lip color changes everyday so I didn't include a lipstick.

2. Eye Products

Minimalist Makeup Collection
I only own one Mascara that I showed above and I never wear any kind of eyeliner so other than mascara eyeshadow is the only thing that goes my eyes makeup wise.
Eyeshadow palettes were hard for me to cull down since I LOVE eyeshadow.  But during my project pans I realized even though I like to have options I don't need or use every color under they moon. Except for the Catrice Quad I own:

  • Urban Decay Original Naked Palette
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette
  • Zoeva Rosegolden Palette
  • Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette
  • Chanel Quad in Tisse Rivoli (do not recommend Chanel eyeshadows for the price)
  • Chanel Single Eyeshadow in Hesitation

3. Cheek Products

Minimalist Makeup Collection

Other than my bronzer and apricot blush to put on my cheeks I have:

  • Kiko Milano Desert Dunes Trio Baked Blush in impulsive mauve
  • Yves Saint Laurent Blush Volupte in heart of light
  • p2 Glow Touch Blush in touch of berry
  • Dior Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer in 002
  • theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
  • Maybelline Master Strobing Stick in Medium Nude Glow
  • Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Wheat (I sometimes use to contour) 

4. Lip Products

Minimalist Makeup Collection

This area is the largest in my makeup collection and as long as it doesn't grow any further I am happy with it. I love every single lip product and rotate between them regularly.
I have two lipliners, one beigey nude and one mauvey nude, both from P2 Cosmetics.
I also have two lipglosses, again one beigey nude from Max Factor and one mauvey nude from Catrice.
Apart from those:
  • Maybelline Color Drama Lippencil in nude perfection
  • Nyx Soft Matte Lipcreams in Amsterdam, Abu Dhabi and Stockholm
  • Astor Color Intense Lipbutter in pretty in fuchsia
  • ChanelRouge Coco in 410 Catherine
  • Maybelline Color Sensational in Coral Pearl (discontinued)
  • Rival de Loop creamy lipstick in 101
  • Rival de Loop matte lipstick in 01
  • L'oreal Color Riche Collection Exclusive in Eva's Nude
  • Kiko Milano Creamy Lipstick (no shade name on the bullet)
  • Max Factor Color Elixir in 745 Burnt Caramel
  • Mac Velvet Teddy
  • Mac Brave
  • Chanel Rouge Coco in 440 Arthur (sample size)
  • L'oreal Color Riche in Blake's Pure Red
  • Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 16 I am Yours
  • Rival de Loop Creamy Lipstick in 59
  • Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 04 On The Catwalk
  • L'oreal Rouge Caresse in Rouge Coral (discontinued)
  • Maybelline Extreme Moisture in Flamingo
  • Bebe Young Care tintedf lipbalm
  • Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 09 Wear Berries
  • Astor Color Last VIP in Spicy
And we've aleady reached the end of my makeup collection :D I know the lip category might be extensive for some and maybe I will cut it down in the future but for now I am very happy with everything that I own because I rotate between everything so nothing is left unused collecting dust.
I am not at the end of my minimalism journey though so we'll see if I might post an updated minimalist makeup collection in the future. For now however I hope you enjoyed this post.

I will talk to you in my next post. Until then...
You know I love you
Xoxo, 
Nadine Samantha

Keine Kommentare:

Powered by Blogger.